- All players should respect their opponents and should not intend to injure them in anyway.
- Captains may call
2 time-outs during each game.
- The referee(s) reserve the right to throw out a player who is hazardous, or does not
submit to their authority.
- Each player must keep his/her broom between his/her legs at all times (except the keepers).
The match ends when the Golden Snitch is caught legally or upon mutual consent between the two Captains.
team with the most points wins the match, regardless of who caught the Golden Snitch.
- There is no substitution at
all during the game, even for injured players.
- The play continues after each goal. The keeper takes control of the
quaffle and the play continues.
- Each new play begins with a jump ball in the center of the pitch.
- 1 chaser
from each team may jump for the jump ball.
- The quaffle can only be touched by chasers and seekers
- Upon catching the quaffle a player may take 3 steps before passing the quaffle
- 10 Points are scored if the quaffle is thrown through the opposing hoop by a chaser or seeker
- A quaffle may be blocked by a keeper or a bludger that is hit by a beater.
- The goal is nullified if more than just the keeper were in the keeper zone during the goal
- A quaffle may be intercepted or knocked out of the possession of another player
- When stealing the quaffle, a player may not touch the anatomy of the possessor. Only the quaffle itself may be touched
- If the possessor is struck with a beater he must drop the quaffle, making it open to all players except the dropper
- Only a beater may use the bludger
- A beater may not touch the bludger with his/her anatomy
- The bludger may
only be hit using a tennis racquet
- Upon lifting the bludger off the ground, a beater has 3 second to hit the bludger
- Any player hit by a bludger, regardless of his position or team, must drop any ball he possesses and spin around for
- A bludger may be deflected only by another beater
- If a players broom is struck by a bludger, but the
player is not, the player must spin once and retain possession of any ball
- A hit to the face with a bludger is legal
The Golden Snitch
- The snitch may only be thrown by the 2 snitchers
- It may only be touched by the seekers
- A seeker must catch it before it hits the ground
- No points are awarded for catching false snitches
- 75 points for catching the real snitch
- Other players may not intentionally interfere with a flying snitch
- The snitch should be thrown between the two seekers on the field and impartially to any team